Dr. Shaileshkumar Bhatt may recommend a dental bridge if you are missing one or more teeth. Bridges are a type of fixed (or non-removable) restoration. They are typically anchored in place with two dental crowns, which are placed on either side of the gap in your smile. These crowns may be placed on your existing teeth or atop implants. These crowns hold the artificial tooth in place so that the restoration “bridges” the space of the missing tooth.
Dental bridges are custom-made and usually require two appointments to complete. The first appointment consists of preparing the teeth and taking an impression. During the second appointment, the bridge is placed, checked to ensure it fits and then permanently anchored into place. Your dental bridge is designed to last for many years.
Benefits of dental bridges include:
- Restoring your smile
- Restoring your ability to chew, speak and eat
- Preventing your remaining teeth from shifting out of place and causing problems for your smile and bite
- Supporting and improving the shape and volume of your face
- Alleviating stress on your bite
- Replacing unwanted removable partial dentures
When you visit Arrowhead Family Dentistry, our dentist will examine your mouth and discuss all treatment options with you to determine if a dental bridge is the best solution for you.
Call us today at 909-889-3300 to schedule your consultation and learn more about dental bridges in San Bernardino, California.