Our dentist may use panoramic X-rays to examine your teeth and jaws. Unlike standard X-rays, panoramic imaging captures a complete view of your teeth and jaws so that our dentist can examine both your upper and lower dental arches. The images captured by panoramic X-rays include all of the teeth, the upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures.
This complete view of your jaws allow our dentist and team to:
- Determine the need for orthodontic treatment
- Evaluate the progress of treatments, including orthodontic treatment
- Diagnose impacted teeth
- Evaluate the development of periodontal disease
- Diagnose and evaluate TMJ disorders
- Diagnose oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placement procedures
- Diagnose tooth decay and other dental problems
- Diagnose dental and facial trauma, and the extent of that trauma
- Diagnose cysts, tumors and abscesses
The process for capturing images using a panoramic X-ray machine is quick and comfortable. You simply stand in place while a mechanical arm rotates around your head. The images are captured instantly and transmitted to nearby monitors so that our dentist or orthodontist can immediately examine your orofacial structures and oral health.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Shaileshkumar Bhatt and learn more about the benefits of panoramic X-rays in San Bernardino, California, please contact Arrowhead Family Dentistry today at 909-889-3300.