Our dentist and team at Arrowhead Family Dentistry want you to feel comfortable when you visit our office. Our goal is to provide you with quality dental care in a comfortable, welcoming and personable atmosphere. We understand that many people have had less-than-ideal experiences at the dental office in the past, and we do everything we can to help you feel at ease and develop positive, trusting relationships with you. When you visit our office, you can expect our dentist and team to make every effort to help you feel comfortable.
Dental anxiety and fear are common problems. They may manifest in a variety of ways, from a feeling of mild stress and worry to specific and crushing fears about upcoming treatments and procedures. When you visit our office, we will work with you to find a strategy that will help you manage fear and anxiety so that you can receive treatment.
Here are a few of the strategies that we may recommend:
- Speak with our team. If we know that you are afraid or anxious, we can take precautions to help you feel more at ease and keep an eye out for any signs that you are uncomfortable.
- Use calming techniques, such as controlled breathing or finding distractions.
- Listen to music. This can block out anxiety-producing noises and give you something else to focus on.
- Ask about sedation dentistry. Our office offers nitrous oxide and oral sedation to help you relax.
- Take breaks. We are happy to stop for a few minutes so that you can take a break and let yourself relax a little.
- Ask about alternative treatment options. In many cases, there are several types of treatment available. Ask us to help you find the treatment that is best for you.
We never want you to be prevented from receiving the care you need. We welcome you to contact us at 909-889-3300 to learn more about managing dental anxiety and fear in San Bernardino, California, and to make an appointment with Dr. Shaileshkumar Bhatt.